Monday, May 4, 2009

Changes?

Yes, I do neglect my blog. But only so I don't neglect my child, and I am sure she is grateful for that! Usually we don't have much going on, but for once we actually have some changes happening. Nathan is deploying to Afghanistan in July and will spend 6-7 months there. I don't want him to go, but am proud of him for serving our country and I'm confident he will be safe overseas. Emilie and I are going to spend that time in Ohio, Texas and Alaska (as long as our budget can swing it!) Our plans are a bit up in the air right now because we aren't sure exactly when Nathan leaves and when we have to move out of our house (they are tearing our house down sometime in July.) On a more positive note, Emilie is cuter than ever. She is at a very fun age and I love getting to see her personality blossom. She is so silly and girlie. She loves to dance and twirl around the house, play dress up, play with her babies, color, read books, jump on beds, help me with anything I am doing, run outside, climb the toilet and splash in the sink, give kisses and giggles all the time. I am so lucky to be the Mom of such an amazing, sweet, delightful little girl. A quick update on the past few months: Nathan was promoted to Senior Airman in April and finished his CDC's (career development courses) and will receive his 5 level in June. I am very proud of him, he scored 90+ on both installments of his tests and was publicly recognized by his squadron's Commander for doing so well. Receiving his 5 level allows him to work with different jets and opens up a lot of bases for us to be stationed at (but sorry, not Wright-Patterson yet!) Emilie and I flew out to Missouri in May for the passing of my Grandpa Evans. We had a nice visit with my family and were glad to be able to support my Grandma too. We left Missouri and spent a few weeks in Ohio because we can't seem to stay away more than 3 months. Yes, I am lame for summing up two months in three sentences, but looking back I can't remember what all has occurred! So, other than all that, not much else is going on in Arizona! Here are some pictures from the last few months :)




We took Em for her first swim of the summer and unfortunately she did NOT like the pool water. I think the water was too cold for her and hopefully as things warm up (maybe 120 degrees?) she will grow some love for swimming. She did have fun running around yelling at the pool though.






No really Mom. I'm not tired!


Helping Mommy clean the table...
She loves to eat her snack at her little table. Like everything else, I think it's cute.
Eating popcorn and watching Judge Judy.
Destroying Daddy's wallet
With Aunt Jenny and Benjamin in Ohio (we spent a couple weeks there in May)
Gotta love the pretty night gown and sword combo
Michael was playing with her and fixed her hair and put her "pretties" on her. Benjamin and Emilie, or Benilie as I call them, sharing their love of pacifiers and blankies.
Coloring with Ben
Chasing the woof woof at Gamma and Papa Tim's house.
Emilie is a bit obsessed with animals and Nathan's parents cat Addie (the most patient cat in the world) had to endure my sweet baby's affection.
Yep, that is the cat under her!
The Hee-hee at my grandparents farm in Missouri. She was determined to pet it all on her own.

On the plane to Missouri. The portable DVD player was a lifesaver this trip!
Our toilet paper costs have risen significantly lately...
She is such a little mimic. Nathan calls this child slave labor, but I swear she just wants to do everything I do!

Splashing in the forbidden sink
The other day she grabbed a new diaper, walked over to the diaper genie and shoved it down. Many things are going to be lost due to this discovery. This is why I am not into self feeding. That is a pacifier she dipped into yogurt.

3 comments:

Megan Gery said...

welcome back! such cute pics of emilie, she's such a beautiful little girl. congrats to nathan for doing so well, and good luck in afganistan!

Jenn said...

She is so cute! I love all of the hair thingys you put on her. They are so adorable. I guess she makes them that way! lol

Tara D. said...

I just love the wonder and amazement in a child's eyes (captured in the pictures with the horse). It's just too precious, and yes, she's at the age that you just want to keep them at forever. Her hair is just so beautiful, love those curls. She's a doll!!!