Monday, May 12, 2008

Baggage

Aaaahh! Right now I am packing for our trips to Texas and Ohio and things aren't going well. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't overweight so I went to the Continental Airlines website to double check, and I am really angry. As of May 1st only one checked bag per customer is allowed. Panic!!!! Then I read you can check up to two exception items such as a car seat, stroller, skis or a wheelchair and felt better until... I am checking in online and putting in my one bag and two exception items and it starts charging me a fee. I call Continental to see why and the woman tells me only one exception item is allowed. I told her to get the website fixed. I refuse to pay $25 each leg ($75 since we have 3 trips) extra. I think I will just hold them to what the website says and play dumb. I know that the airline industry is having problems, but I don't think that upping rates and creating stupid fees for bags is the solution. I would bet that the CEO of Continental Airlines has not taken a pay cut since 9-11. I'm pretty sure his salary has even seen a few increases since then. I think this is ludicrous. I used to love Continental, but they are really making some mistakes (don't get me started on their frequent flyer program!) Okay, I am done venting. Well, at least until I get to the airport :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for changing the crying picture to a cutie pie picture of little Em in pink. She looks so cute with her sunglasses on. I guess with the airline situation you'll just have to pack light. Good luck! Love, Kyra

McCain Family said...

They changed the bag rules while we were in TX so I had no choice but to pay for my extra bag. At that point I just wanted to get home.

Holly said...

well you just better hope I dont show the airlines your blog post about you playing dumb, im sure they will charge you a fee for that :) Nice little vent though, I could just hear your voice going off in my head about it. haha :) Good luck on the trip! The airport is already making me dread our trip overseas! ah!

Tara D. said...

Oh no they dinn't!!!