Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Gave Birth To A Maniac!

We miss you Kaitlin!
I haven't been blogging because Emilie has turned into a non-sleeping maniac! She has been teething for about two weeks and apparently it makes her very energetic. She keeps waking up wanting to play and unable to go back to sleep for a few hours all night long. I'm just happy she's not screaming all night! Anyway, Emilie is now the proud owner of three teeth. She now has her top left front tooth, and just like her bottom two, the right one is following right behind. My baby is growing up too fast. Here are some changes in the last month: Em has started to crawl; she went up another diaper size (Which was actually a big step because we had to switch from the Pampers Swaddlers to the Pampers Cruisers. Don't laugh at my sentiment!); Emilie has started to babble; Em is now 21 lbs 12 oz, which means in 4oz we have to switch from an infant only car seat to a convertible car seat (again, don't laugh!); we welcomed another tooth; Em can sit straight up from lying on her back; she can pull herself up to standing; she has started eating chunky foods; she can drink from a straw; and she outgrew nearly all of her PJ's. So there. These may not seem like earth-shattering changes to you, but to me these are huge milestones. Oh yes, Emilie has also grown cuter and cuter! What's that? You don't think she could be any cuter. Here's proof--

Em has started babbling. She started out saying "A bop bop bop" and now says "Mom Mom" and "Da Da Da" and "La La La." I think she has the sweetest little voice ever! She is a bit sad in this video due to the fact that she is tired, due to the fact that she won't sleep.

Here is the turkey playing in the middle of the night, or 10 pm, whatever. She likes to stick out her tongue and say "La la la" and try to crawl. It is fun to watch.

The other night in the tub Em started bending herself in half to eat the bubbles. It was so funny. She kept getting a little Santa Claus beard. I love her quirkiness!Here is Em watching the fireworks on 4th of July. They have a fireworks show on the base, and we were lucky enough to have a great view right out our air-conditioned dining room window. Emilie was supposed to be asleep, but she decided to celebrate her independence and stay up!

Mmmm, Nilla wafers!A prime example of why I am Emilie's primary care giver. Poor girl.

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 5 am!

I don't know why, but she constantly gets stuck under the couch!

She has found a new way to play with her jungle gym.

Surprise! Not a picture of Emilie. This is precious, Keith and Holly's cat, all spread out on the computer chair. She kinda looks like a flying squirrel!

Okay, so when Em starts sleeping more, I will start blogging more. Scout's Honor.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

I love the picture of her stuck under the couch...

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness! I haven't laughed so much in awhile. She is so cute! I love the one of her under the couch. My daughter just tried to get stuff out from underneath, she doesn't actually become one of those things. Although the other day she did crawl under my bed. Oh, our babies are so cute! It's that Call gene!