Thursday, June 26, 2008

And We've Been...

...busy, but with fun things! My niece Kaitlin flew down from Ohio to visit for a couple weeks and we have been having a blast! I'm so glad she braved the trip all by herself. She is so sweet and it has been so fun having her here, thanks lady bug! Here's our happenings lately:


Emilie and I went to Phoenix to pick up Kay-Key from the airport. We made signs to welcome her and Em did a pretty good job of holding hers.

Well, she might have eaten a bit of hers, but she still held on to it!


The brave girl stepping off the plane.



We've been hitting the pool a lot. There's not much else to do when it's 115 degrees everyday!

Keith and Holly, friends we made in California, came and stayed with us a few days on their way to Texas and then to Germany. We played some Rock Band and just hung out. The house was a bit full (six people, two cats and a dog in a two bedroom house, yikes!) but was so much fun to have everyone there! We miss you already guys and can't wait to do it again.

Emilie has found her passion, the drums! She found the Rock Band drumsticks in the morning and was so cute with them. Just don't take them away if you want to keep her happy!

Okay, this is such a goofy picture I had to post it. She was mid jump and making her squishy nose face and full gum (and tooth) smiling. The combination is pretty funny looking, but you can see her first little tooth.

I know I'm going to hear from Emilie's WaWa and Gamma for posting a sad picture, but you can see both of her little teeth. She was only sad because I was trying to hold her lip down to get a picture, sorry Em :(


Em has officially decided she no longer needs to be swaddled. I think it is so funny because now she sleeps with her arms straight out as in some sort of rebellion. I swear I only swaddled her as long as she wanted me to!

Em loves to splash in the water!

Here is my little turkey jump, jump, jumping as we call it. You can catch her random coughs for attention (seriously, like she is doesn't get enough!) in this video.

Em has become interested in crawling. I would really be okay with her slowing down this whole growing up thing she keeps doing.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Nathan used to love in his jumpy thingy too. He thought it was the best thing ever. And I can't believe that she is trying to crawl! Too cute! It seems like they grow up way too fast.

Holly said...

Hey Kassie, aww i loved the post! The pets miss your house :) I know Mishka misses your backyard, I feel bad for her having to stay in this small apartment all the time. She had surgery last friday to stop all that nastiness we had to put up w/ on the trip. I felt a little bad for her after the surgery but things are better now! We finally got settled in today and got our internet up. We will post pictures soon on the blog! Thanks so much again for letting us stay w/ you. ps. I have cute pics of em I will need to send you.