Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Where Have We Been?

Reading Twilight! My sister's wish has come true, another twilighter has been born! If you haven't read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer you should because they are incredible. So incredible I can't seem to quit reading them and get anything done lately. Oh well. No one comes in our house anyway. Wait, that's not true. The inspector from the moving company came to see all the stuff that was damaged by the movers today. Our last movers were horrible. Somehow they managed to scratch Emilie's brand new crib all over, break the wiring on the brand new dryer, scratch the new washer and dryer and scratch our glass table top. There were other damages too, those are just the main problems. I was really upset because I made it so easy for them to pack everything, and they did such a crappy job. I also very nicely asked for them to be careful with the crib (it was brand new, Em wasn't even born yet) because it was special to me but that seemed to be the piece with the most damage! I almost feel vindicated knowing that they will have to replace so many items. We have decided not to purchase anymore nice furniture or appliances until we are out of the military, that way we can keep them like new! Em has been kinda fussy lately. I have no idea why. Is she teething? Is her reflux bugging her? Does her tummy hurt? There are always so many options. I seriously think babies should change colors to identfy issues. Like purple could mean a burp, yellow equals hunger, blue is sleepy, red is an earache? It would make my life so much less worrisome, and all babies so much happier. If only! Well, here are some pictures of the little chubberkins, since that's what you came for anyway!

We went for a walk the other night and Emilie sat like this the whole time. I kept moving her because it couldn't have been comfortable, but she would go right back. Finally we just padded the stroller with a blanket to make us feel better about it.


Two am in the Call household!


I think this is the first picture of the three of us ever!
Ready for our vacation!

Okay, I had to post this video because it is too funny. Apparently, this is how a glow worm is supposed to be played with by a five month old!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course that is how she would play with her glow worm...her hands are bound!!!haha

McCain Family said...

I love the Twilight Series!!!! The new book is coming out in the Fall and I can't wait.

jeggs said...

I love that video, especially when she gives you "the look" for interrupting her. How could you mom???

Laura said...

Love the picture of you all together. So cute!

Holly said...

I love the famliy picture!

Just Me said...

Are you in base housing? Your house looks really nice!

Tara D. said...

August 2nd is the release date for Breaking Dawn, the new twilight book. I can't wait!!!
Sorry that you had such crappy movers; I bet that was an awful experience. But at least they're paying for it. And as usual, that baby is just gorgeous!!! And I love the family picture!

Unknown said...

Thank you for taking a family picture. I love your dress, Kassie. It looks so pretty on you. When I look at the picture it helps me to not miss you so bad.

Andy and Rachael said...

What a bummer that so much of your stuff got thrashed in the move!! Good thing you don't have to pay for it! I LOVE the family picture! You're looking great Kassie! (And especially hot in that outfit!!) Abe says hi to Em! :)

Ryan and Tracy said...

That's exactly how Emmalyn plays with her - and her hands aren't bound. She'll crawl over to it, pick it up, then suck on it's face. Everytime. They're so cute!!!

Allison said...

Hey Kassie Your family is so beautiful. Oh my gosh I LOVE The twilight series books we are obsessed down here LOL.I need your email I have some stuff to send you on that that will make you more crazy. OH you are coming to Texas I would love to see you if you are coming back to the city. Please let me know and we can exchange info. Although you will probably be busy so anyway just a thought. Take care Kas Love, Allison p.s. tell your family I said hi